MLB 13: The Show League

League Rules

BEasy17
    Admin

League Rules

Post by BEasy17 on Mon May 06, 2013 2:09 am

Rules

- Do not throw runners out at 1B from RF. Just don't do it.
    - Do not repeatedly throw balls in the dirt with 2 strikes. If it happens more than 3-4 times in a game, PM me or ACMilan. I realize these happen occasionally, but it should absolutely not be a common occurrence.
    - At the same time it is your responsibility to lay off of balls. Complaining that the opponent isn't throwing enough strikes is not his fault. As long as he's not spiking curveballs it's your responsibility to be disciplined at the plate.
    - Do not abuse bunting. You should not be bunting with speedy runners every AB. Catching the defense off guard once in a while is fine, that's good baseball. But don't abuse it. Use your judgement here people.
    - No substitutions after an AB has started. No reason to be taking players out mid at bat.
    - Do not practice swing excessively, or repeatedly tap the fake bunt button. It is distracting to your opponent. If you do this you will not last in this league.
    - And the most important rule...show good sportsmanship. Nothing worse than a sore loser or someone that talks down to his opposition after a win. It's just a game people. Enjoy it.
    Iluvchrissy

Re: League Rules

Post by Iluvchrissy on Sat May 11, 2013 4:33 pm

I think we should also mention that if you have an issue with connection, blaming someone or getting pissed at another player is stupid. The player does not dictate what their ISP does. Weve all dealt with lag and disconnects unfortunately its part of this game.so please, if a game gets disc or freezes, dont point fingers, no one wants to lag,all we can do is make sure we have a wired connection and other devices on our network idle. Outside of that it is out of the players hands what happens. And remember, be good sports and dont be jerks, ive seen alot of rude comments by a few different people in the last few days, there is no need for that, its a video game.......a VIDEO GAME...so quit being a smart ass....Wink
    omes
    Admin

Update to Trade Rules

Post by omes on Thu May 16, 2013 8:13 pm

This is a SIM league and in order to keep it that way we want realistic rosters. Therefore, only one player rated 88 or above can be traded per season. Starting now, if you would like to trade a player rated 88 or higher you must have played at least 25 games.
    OS_Kaiser Wilhelm

Post by OS_Kaiser Wilhelm on Sat May 18, 2013 10:48 pm

I motion to add a formal amendment to the rules stating that pitchers with exaggerated animations must come set prior to delivering. The game does not consider this a balk but it should be.

An example of a pitcher with an exaggerated animation is Henry Rodriguez (Nationals) who takes about five full seconds to come set.

I also propose that all new rules should be voted on, requiring a 2/3 vote to become new rules.
    electricpostman

Post by electricpostman on Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 am

OS_Kaiser Wilhelm wrote:I motion to add a formal amendment to the rules stating that pitchers with exaggerated animations must come set prior to delivering. The game does not consider this a balk but it should be.

An example of a pitcher with an exaggerated animation is Henry Rodriguez (Nationals) who takes about five full seconds to come set.

I also propose that all new rules should be voted on, requiring a 2/3 vote to become new rules.

will this really do anything worthwhile other than slow down games? if the batter is dictating, just be ready for the pitch after pressing X. also nearly impossible to enforce. something like this would add like 5-10 minutes on to every game, don't see the point
    HustlinOwl

Post by HustlinOwl on Sun May 19, 2013 1:01 pm

electricpostman wrote:
    OS_Kaiser Wilhelm wrote:I motion to add a formal amendment to the rules stating that pitchers with exaggerated animations must come set prior to delivering. The game does not consider this a balk but it should be.

will this really do anything worthwhile other than slow down games? if the batter is dictating, just be ready for the pitch after pressing X. also nearly impossible to enforce. something like this would add like 5-10 minutes on to every game, don't see the point

this is what I said in the chat, guys are impatient enough as is with cutscenes etc no way are they going to sit there and wait for some guy to take his time on the mound. No it does not do anything gameplay wise Nats told me to come set and I proceeded to pick him off twice at first lmao he should left well alone.
    BEasy17
    Admin

Post by BEasy17 on Sun May 19, 2013 8:39 pm

It's a tough rule to implement....not really sure guys are that patient to do it. If someone is quick pitching you though that is absolutely not allowed.

twister44

Post by twister44 on Mon May 27, 2013 12:37 pm

id like to join the league....saw your post on the mlb forums....mature and active player, ill take the league seriously....what teams are available?

khorstfrmstl

Post by khorstfrmstl on Mon May 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Yeah you said to come here for a try out game Beasy ..

robgman15

Post by robgman15 on Thu May 30, 2013 9:26 am

hey there i got your message on Os and i made a screen name, been reading over your rules and everything and it seems that i would fit right in.. i would love to play with the angles
    BEasy17
    Admin

Post by BEasy17 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Starting pitchers cannot go over 16 starts..make sure you guys are following this.
    BEasy17
    Admin

Post by BEasy17 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:05 am

Trade deadline is 70 games played. If you've played 70 you cannot make trades..so you must be under 70.

Masonhead13

Post by Masonhead13 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:53 am

Read rules,, and aspice said too post here I believe

hybridleague123

Post by hybridleague123 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:27 am

Hi

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 25, 2018 10:03 am